Why should you utilize a sales coach? Research demonstrates that when it comes to sales professionals, nothing influences the bottom line results more than a solid coaching program. Because sales professionals naturally are confident, competitive and self-motivated, they tend to be more invested and engaged in the process of self-improvement. STAR's coaching process provides a two-way conversation and other resources that will help you assess strengths, identify weaknesses, practice new skills, and meet your sales goals.
How can coaching on sales negotiation help you? Negotiation is a critical part of the sales process and many sales professionals tend to make several common mistakes during a negotiation, in particular when faced with adversarial tactics. Here are two examples of common challenges that often occur during sales negotiations: First, when planning for a negotiation one of the most critical steps is to make sure that you prepare your opening position, and plan your strategy on giving and getting concessions. Second, you will learn how to respond effectively if the other person uses adversarial negotiation tactics. Improve your skills and ability to manage your sales negotiations with this Sales Negotiation Coaching package.
This Sales Negotiation Coaching Package includes:
1. Free 10-15 minute Introductory Phone Call: This free call will help you determine if the Sales Negotiation Coaching Package is right for you. Your coaching consultant will use this call to design a coaching package based on your sales negotiation experience level and needs. During the introductory call you will also discuss your next steps in the process, including the scheduling of your 1 hour phone coaching conversation at a mutually agreeable date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-934-0900 to schedule your free introductory phone call.
2. One Hour of Phone Coaching with your sales coaching consultant who is an expert on sales negotiation. In order to achieve maximum use of the hour of coaching time, you will need to complete several prework assignments in advance of the coaching conversation, including an online negotiation styles survey, a negotiation tactics reading, and two online learning modules on sales negotiation skills (see the details below). You may choose to schedule additional coaching sessions, as needed.
3. Online Negotiation Styles Assessment Survey - Take this online survey and receive a personal report prior to the coaching conversation. The Negotiation Styles Assessment Report helps you identify your natural negotiation style and your strengths and areas for improvement as a negotiator. Because the best negotiators vary their style, one way to improve is to identify your natural negotiation style, and then learn how to adjust your style to meet your negotiating objectives.
4. Reading: The 25 Most Difficult Negotiation Tactics - How to Respond Effectively to Adversarial Tactics - Mistakes are often made during negotiations when one side is using adversarial tactics. Average salespeople tend to make three common mistakes when they encounter adversarial tactics. First and foremost, they concede too much, too soon, on price. Second, they lower their expectation level for the overall negotiation. Third, they become intimidated or flustered, and end up making a bad agreement just to escape the situation. By contrast, successful negotiators are flexible and creative when they respond to adversarial tactics. This article contains successful responses to the 25 most common adversarial tactics used by negotiators. We will discuss the article during our coaching conversation.
5. Online Learning - Personal assessment is an integral part of learning. During the introductory phone call we will determine together which STAR online learning products are best suited to your needs.
All STAR coaching packages may be customized. For example, our coaching customers often choose to buy our two and three session coaching packages. Contact us at email@example.com or 781-934-0900 to inquire about changing this package to suit your needs.
Bill McCormick is the founder and president of Sales Training And Results, Inc. (STAR), a firm specializing in customized sales training and consulting. Bill has over 20 years of experience consulting managers and coaching sales executives and professionals. He is the primary author and developer of STAR's customized sales and management workshops.
Prior to founding STAR, he was Vice President of Marketing for an international consulting and training company. Bill was responsible for managing their entire sales and marketing effort, including an international network of licensees, and doubled their sales volume in four years. Prior to that, Bill held positions in sales, sales management, and marketing for a Fortune 25 firm.
Bill earned his M.S. degree in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also is on the Corporate Education Group (Boston University) faculty.