Why should you utilize a sales coach? Research demonstrates that when it comes to sales professionals, nothing influences the bottom line results more than a solid coaching program. Because sales professionals naturally are confident, competitive and self-motivated, they tend to be more invested and engaged in the process of self-improvement. STAR's coaching process provides a two-way conversation and other resources that will help you assess strengths, identify weaknesses, practice new skills, and meet your sales goals.
How can coaching on key account management help you? Managing key accounts requires that you use a strategic approach with your most important customers in order to build deeper and broader relationships that create mutual value and growth. In this coaching package you will learn five different sales strategies that should be used at different times, depending upon where you are in the sales cycle with a key account. Improve your skills and ability to manage your key accounts with this Key Account Management Coaching package.
This Key Account Management Coaching package includes:
1. Free 10-15 minute Introductory Phone Call: This free call will help you determine if this Key Account Management Coaching Package is right for you. Your consultant will use this call to design a coaching package based on your key account management skill experience level and needs. During the introductory call you will also discuss your next steps in the process, including the scheduling of your 1 hour phone coaching conversation at a mutually agreeable date. Email email@example.com or call 781-934-0900 to schedule your free introductory phone call.
2. One Hour of Phone Coaching with your sales coaching consultant who is an expert on key account management. In order to achieve maximum use of the hour of coaching time, you will need to complete several prework assignments in advance of the coaching conversation, including an online influence skills survey, a key account management reading, and two online key account management skills learning modules (see the details below). You may choose to schedule additional coaching sessions, as needed.
3. Online Influence Skills Assessment Survey - Personal assessment is an integral part of learning. Take this online survey and receive a personal report prior to the coaching conversation. The Influence Skills Assessment Report helps you identify your natural influencing style and your strengths and areas for improvement as an influencer, which will help you build better relationships at key accounts. For the best results, you complete a self survey AND send the survey to at least 3-5 others with whom you work for feedback. A full report is compiled and emailed to you to print prior to your coaching session.
4. Reading: Success Factors for Key Account Management - How Can You Be More Strategic and Influential at Key Accounts? - This article highlights three success factors that characterize the best key account managers: 1) The utilization of 5 different key account sales strategies; 2) the ability to influence customers and colleagues; and 3) developing an account plan and strategy. A short online questionnaire about the reading is used to identify your natural strengths and areas for improvement as a key account manager. We will discuss the article and questionnaire during our coaching conversation.
5. Online Learning - Personal assessment is an integral part of learning. During the introductory phone call we will determine together which STAR online learning products are best suited to your needs.
All STAR coaching packages may be customized. For example, our coaching customers often choose to buy our two and three session coaching packages. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-934-0900 to inquire about changing this package to suit your needs.
Bill McCormick is the founder and president of Sales Training And Results, Inc. (STAR), a firm specializing in customized sales training and consulting. Bill has over 20 years of experience consulting managers and coaching sales executives and professionals. He is the primary author and developer of STAR's customized sales and management workshops.
Prior to founding STAR, he was Vice President of Marketing for an international consulting and training company. Bill was responsible for managing their entire sales and marketing effort, including an international network of licensees, and doubled their sales volume in four years. Prior to that, Bill held positions in sales, sales management, and marketing for a Fortune 25 firm.
Bill earned his M.S. degree in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also is on the Corporate Education Group (Boston University) faculty.